This role is within the Hanley Energy US East Region providing project support to the VP of Engineering. Prior training and experience working with SCADA application technologies is essential for the role.
• Support the Controls Team assigned projects primarily in the IAD region
• Attend client commissioning and coordination meetings at various locations
• Provide firsthand coordinated support to third-party commissioning agents
• Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
• Provide technical support to the client and third-party commissioning agents
• Comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
• Travel to customer sites as required
• Provide on-call customer support for various critical product lines
• Project manage customer funded or internally funded projects
• Produce accurate and regular reports with respect to project metrics
• Provide technical leadership and/or management of programs
• Coordinate supplier and third party personnel
Technical/ Job Specific Skills Required:
• Work within a team environment, as well as independently. Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
• Basic understanding of Electrical theory and control circuits.
• Basic understanding of the hazards associated with electrical energy
• Good knowledge of MS Office 365 Suite (highly desirable)
• Industrial communications interfaces including Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU (highly desirable), Industrial Ethernet
• Technical documentation produced using PDF software such as Adobe or Bluebeam
• Basic understanding of ladder logic and wiring diagrams
• PLC Code Development – Rockwell Logix500 & Logix5000 (highly desirable)
• Demonstrating compliance to International Standards and Client Specifications
Basic knowledge of Electrical Power Systems including Generators and UPS systems
Previous experience working in a regulated industry
Experience in SCADA application(s) development (highly desirable)
Experience in scripting of Java, Python, and/or HTML (highly desirable)
PC Hardware, PLC Hardware and Ethernet Networks including industrial gateways and managed switches
Experience with Ignition Software (highly desirable)
Systems Integration Experience
Test Specification Development
Software, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
Competitive salary and benefits
Excellent training opportunities
Friendly and supportive working environment
Job type – full time, permanent
Career progression within a rapidly expanding organization
• Strong stakeholder and team management
• Ability to recruit and grow a team
• Good fun, competitive, reliable and patient
• Must be a holder of current United States of America passport & fluent in English
The ideal candidates will have:
• A minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience or equivalent training with a strong track record in driving implementation of product development projects, preferably in the switch gear industry.
• Strong project management and people management skills and a proven ability to manage and lead multi-functional teams to drive success of a project.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
• Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
• Proven ability to develop a team culture that leads to ongoing excellence and achievement of goals.
• Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty
Based at our United States US East Regional Office in Ashburn, Virginia with nationwide travel as required and international travel from time to time. Most of the time will be spent in the IAD Region. A minimal amount of time may be required either in PDX (Oregon) and/or DUB (Dublin) for periodic training.
Individuals who are interested in the position should email their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org