Hanley Energy are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Writer/Document Controller to join the team. The successful candidate will join the Engineering team to take responsibility for the full suite of documentation required to support our expanding product range and ongoing projects.
Technical writing involves the preparation of instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, diagrams and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. The control of these critical documents and others will require strict attention to detail, organization and working with other departments to coordinate with other team’s deliverables.
To ensure success as a Technical Writer and Document Controller at Hanley Energy, you should have a technical background with a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. A proven high degree of proficiency in technical writing will be required. You will need to be an organized individual and with the ability to absorb information and record and communicate it effectively in a variety of formats.
- Deliver high quality technical documentation in a variety of media; documentation includes:
- Product manuals including operating instructions, user guides, maintenance manuals, configuration guides and troubleshooting procedures.
- Design system documentation such as functional design specifications and product architecture layouts.
- Process workflows.
- Test documentation.
- Management and control of documentation.
- Manage technical submittals including technical drawings, bill of materials and product manuals.
- Manage version control and revision history for all engineering documentation.
- Conform to departmental style guidelines, and ensure documentation meets the needs of the business and the audience.
- Adhere to departmental processes for the development, management, and control of documentation.
- Work with other departments to acquire and disseminate information in a timely manner.
- Manage the flow of documentation and information between our customers and ourselves.
- Provide technical and clerical support to the production, testing & engineering teams in the preparation of documentation, collation of data and tracking of SOPs.
- Research, analyse, organize, design, and develop the presentation of technical information.
- Edit documentation and other information products for non-documentation colleagues.
- Manage and be responsible for medium to large technical documentation project.
- Play an active role in maintaining and improving team standards.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrate a structured approach to documentation planning and design.
- Able to work on several projects at once and manage medium to large technical documentation projects.
- Exemplary level of writing proficiency
- Comfortable liaising with stakeholders
- Ability to analyse and organize complex material.
- Demonstrate skill at encouraging others to provide feedback on projects.
- Adapt easily to new technologies, methodologies, and writing techniques, advocate for change when necessary.
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within fast-paced environment and under deadlines.
- High level of competence with MS Office, Visio, Lifecycle Management Systems, Ticketing Systems and Wikis.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- An excellent understanding of “Plain English” writing technique.
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com