Technical Solutions Engineer
Hanley Energy are pleased to provide an opening for a Technical Solutions Engineer to join an expanding technical solutions team. The role will focus on an innovative portfolio of critical power infrastructure (e.g. UPS and Battery Systems, Busduct, Modular Power) and Energy Monitoring and Targeting solutions (e.g. EPMS, BMS, Controls Systems, Energy Management) delivered to a global Data Centre and Industrial Manufacturing client base.
The Technical Solutions Engineer will work closely with cross-functional teams in the delivery of products and solution to customers. Responsibilities will include technical needs analysis and development of proposals which translate into projects or discrete deliverables for customers.
This role will require the individual to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams; relationships and collaborative interworking underpin the successful delivery of all Hanley Energy solutions and product. The Technical Solutions Engineer will also align to a high-performance culture, which requires personal accountability and commitment to results.
• Responsible,with cross-functional support, for the overall solution content from concept through to delivery into deployment, using engineering skills to ensure seamless integration.
• Produce high quality solutions on behalf of customers and apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to unique technical problems.
• Providing technical liaison with customer, design, engineering, suppliers and production teams in the production of technical specifications and documentation.
• Provide specific technical expertise for projects, with responsibility for consulting with customer on planning, quotation, procurement, bill of materials, and liaising on changes to design, engineering, production and deployment of the product to customer.
• Provide feedback to Senior Management on the progress of projects and deployment of product line (solutions or products).
• Ensure deliverables are in compliance with the company’s quality processes.
• Liaise with Marketing Department with regards to solutions and product market messaging.
• Respond to customer product and solution enquiries via telephone, specific portals or in written, internet-based email.
• Responsible,with support, for the overall solution from concept through production, delivery and into deployment, using engineering skills to ensure seamless integration.
• Resolve customer concerns raised during the installation, operation, and maintenance of product / solution application or compatibility matters.
• Document customer communication and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
• Exercise technical direction for products and technical areas of expertise.
• Provide support on technical features to personnel the assigned to the delivery of projects.
• Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
• Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company’s quality processes
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external cross-functional teams.
• 3-5 years’ industrial experience
• Relevant 3rd level engineering qualification, and or equivalent experience
• Experience in aspects of the described Hanley Energy solutions
• Ability to work as part of a team, and independently
• Excellent communication skills, English being the primary business language
• Customer orientated, and organised with good attention to detail
• Competent in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and AutoCAD an advantage.
• Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing
• Full Valid Irish work permit is essential
• Full driving license
• Travel will be required in this role
• Ability to develop high level concepts to customer needs.
• Electrical design & commissioning experience
• Experience with LV switchgear
• Experience with Electrical, Mechatronics or Building Services
Interested in this opportunity?
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com