The Technical Sales Engineer will play a central role in the growth of the Group’s overall business through achieving company sales targets. A key deliverable will be the growth in sales through supporting team members with development of the Hanley Energy product portfolio & Business Development activities. This role will initially be focussed on supporting the domestic market but may evolve to have a global remit. All roles within the business involve travel to support sales initiatives in oversea markets.
Technical Sales Engineer responsibilities include:
- Set and maintain the culture (values) of the company.
- Play part in the Sales team achieving group target and assist with Business Development activities.
- Become expert in the broad Hanley Energy product portfolio in order to support customer requirements. (UPS, Battery Systems, EMS, EPMS, Modular Solutions, …)
- Enhance the Hanley Energy reputation through the sale and delivery of strategic, profitable and innovative products and solutions.
- Determine / identify new opportunities by analysing the business needs of existing and potential customers.
- Develop and implement strategies for new products and services.
- Become a brand ambassador for the competence base within the Hanley Energy group.
- Develop potential customer base that you intend on commencing business development activities towards.
- Exercise technical direction for products and areas of expertise.
- Liaise with Marketing department with regards to solutions and product market messaging.
- Assess customer drawings and specifications and prepare proposal of suitable products.
- Follow up on quotations and close sale in a timely manner.
- Own the sale process from opportunity through to delivery, into account management.
- Coordinate customer requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements into Hanley Energy delivery operations.
- Pro-actively seek out new target organisations and establish communications with those businesses that can benefit from Hanley Energy products and services.
- Research and recommend new opportunities for prospects and customers to increase profit and service improvements through the solutions Hanley Energy offer.
- Adopt a hands-on approach in monitoring sales trends and execution of strategies to grow market share.
Minimum Experience requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field (Building Services or Automation).
- Minimum 3 years Engineering Sales / Estimating Experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven ability to develop strong, natural and lasting connections with customers from first contact.
- Strong customer focus with the objective of identifying and meeting customer needs proactively and always to the highest Company quality and ISO standards.
- Strong computer skills, including experience of using spreadsheets and databases, including SAP (CRM), compiling/issuing reports as/when requested by management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail demonstrated by experience of completion of tasks to a high standard.
- Strong organisational skills demonstrated by organising and prioritising workload, reaching previous sales targets and completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- A strong team player.
- Is proactive and shows initiative in the role.
- Full valid Irish work permit
- Full driving licence
Individuals who are interested in the positions should email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org