Hanley Energy are currently looking for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to join our team. The Technical Sales Engineer will play a central role in the growth of Hanley Energy through the achievement of group sales targets. A key function of the role will be supporting team members with the development of the Hanley Energy product portfolio offerings and the engagement in business development activities.
This role will initially be focussed on supporting the domestic market but could evolve to a global remit. All roles within the business involve travel to support sales initiatives in oversea markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set and maintain the culture (values) of the company.
- Directly contribute to the Group Sales target and assist with Business Development activities.
- Become an expert in the broad Hanley Energy product portfolio in order to support customer requirements (e.g. UPS, Battery Systems, EMS, EPMS, Modular Solutions).
- Enhance Hanley Energy’s reputation through the sale and delivery of innovative products and solutions.
- Determine and quantify opportunities by analysing the business needs of existing and potential customers.
- Develop and implement strategies for new products and services.
- Become a brand ambassador both with clients and within the Hanley Energy group.
- Exercise technical direction for products and areas of expertise.
- Liaise with Marketing department with regards to solutions, and product market messaging.
- Assess customer drawings and specifications and prepare proposal of suitable products.
- Follow up on quotations and close sales in a timely manner.
- Coordinate customer requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements into Hanley Energy delivery operations.
- Own the sale process from opportunity through to delivery and into Account Management.
- Develop potential customer leads, and a target base to engage in business development activities.
- Pro-actively seek out new target organisations and establish communications with those businesses that can benefit from Hanley Energy products and services.
- Research and recommend new opportunities for prospects and customers to increase profit and service improvements through the solutions Hanley Energy offer.
- Adopt a hands-on approach in monitoring sales trends and execution of strategies to grow market share.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field field (Building Services or Automation).
- Minimum 3 years Engineering Sales / Estimating Experience.
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills including a proven ability to develop strong, natural and lasting connections with customers from first contact.
- Customer focused with the objective of identifying and meeting customer needs proactively and always to the highest Company quality and ISO standards.
- Strong computer skills, including experience of using spreadsheets and databases, including SAP (CRM), compiling/issuing reports as/when requested by management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail demonstrated by experience of completion of tasks to a high standard.
- Good organisational skills demonstrated by organising and prioritising workload, reaching previous sales targets and completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- A good team plater, but capable of working independently.
- Is proactive and shows initiative in the role.
- Full valid Irish work permit.
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle.
- Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing.
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral programme
- Wellbeing Programme
- Company Healthcare Plan
- Company Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance
- Tuition assistance for approved training programmes
- Structured In-house training
- Hybrid Work Model
- Free parking at all locations
Hanley Energy is an equal opportunities employer.
Full-Time Position located in our Head office in CityNorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath
Individuals who are interested in the position should email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org