Hanley Energy are currently looking for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to join our team. The Technical Sales Engineer will play a central role in the growth of Hanley Energy through the achievement of group sales targets. A key function of the role will be supporting team members with the development of the Hanley Energy product portfolio offerings and the engagement in business development activities.
This role is primarily based in our Head Office in CityNorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath with secondary base being a mix of remote working and other Hanley Energy production facilities across the North East. The role will initially be focused on supporting the domestic market and extending to a global remit in supporting our global clients and partners. The role may require some travel abroad to support sales initiatives in regions from time to time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set and maintain the culture (values) of the company.
- Directly contribute to the Group Sales target and assist with Business Development activities.
- Become an expert in the broad Hanley Energy product portfolio in order to support customer requirements.
- Enhance Hanley Energy’s reputation through the sale and delivery of innovative products and solutions.
- Determine and quantify opportunities by analysing the business needs of existing and potential customers.
- Become a brand ambassador both with clients and within the Hanley Energy group.
- Exercise technical direction for products and areas of expertise.
- Liaise with other departments with regards to product selection, solution design, delivery and commissioning and also on product market messaging.
- Assess customer specifications / drawings and prepare proposal of suitable products.
- Process new client opportunities and inbound “request for quotation” from existing clients.
- Prepare pricing for RFQ’s / bids and proposals and submit to the client.
- Follow up on open quotations and bring to a close in a timely manner.
- Own the sale process from opportunity through to handover to the relevant department for fulfilment (Projects, Production, Service, etc.)
- Pro-actively seek out new target organisations and establish communications with those businesses that can benefit from Hanley Energy products and services.
- Research and recommend new opportunities for prospects and customers to increase profit and service improvements through the solutions Hanley Energy offer.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field preferred but not essential, past relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Minimum 2 years Sales Engineer / Estimating / Product Support Experience preferred but not essential, past relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Past experience on Electrical Panels, UPS, Battery Systems, EMS, EPMS, Modular Solutions or Service related activities would be an advantage.
- A self-starter and proactive individual who wants to progress their career.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong team player.
- Good knowledge of design standards and best practice principles.
- Familiar with visualisations software such as AutoCAD and 3D packages would be an advantage in the ability to review technical drawings and interpret specifications.
- Strong customer focus with the objective of identifying and meeting customer needs proactively and always to the highest quality in line with the companies policies and ISO standards (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, ISO27001 & ISO50001).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiar with online portals / databases. Past SAP (CRM) experience would be an advantage.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Strong organisational and time management skills required to manage workload.
- A strong team player.
- Full valid Irish work permit.
- Full driving licence
Full-Time Position located in our Head office in CityNorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath
Individuals who are interested in the position should email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org