The successful candidate will join the Engineering team to support the seamless deployment of complex automation and SCADA projects in the data centre environment.
With excellent people skills, you have a proven ability to work in partnership at all levels.
With high levels of commitment, your responsibilities will include solving complex problems as they arise, enabling seamless integration of various software systems. This is an opportunity to be involved in a dynamic control engineering department with exposure to multiple projects running simultaneously.
You will work closely with customers and internal stakeholders, listening to their needs and implementing innovative solutions using latest technologies. You will be required to commit considerable effort to truly understand our customer’s systems and identify ways to add value.
When issues are uncovered, you will be involved in root cause analysis of said issues and working to see the investigation and resolution through to completion.
To ensure success as a Site Reliability Engineer at Hanley Energy, in addition to strong technical skills, you will need an aptitude for critical thinking, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to be an organized individual.
- Partner with ICT and Controls teams to improve the reliability, performance, availability, and security of the Hanley products
- Work with and develop automation and administration toolsets
- Deploy product and infrastructure releases using established DevOps practices
- Evaluate, implement and maintain performance and availability monitoring tools
- Authoring technical documentation for workflows/processes/best practices
- Identify and fix bugs and performance issues in the platform
- Performing all SRE activities such as availability and reliability monitoring and reports
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and configuration
- Databases fundamentals (e.g. SQL like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL and/or NoSQL like MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience working with Windows Servers systems
- Understanding systems performance, tuning and monitoring
- A strong work ethic with a clear focus on delivery and quality
- Work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Full Valid Irish work permit is essential
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Shell (BASH), CLI Tools (e.g. AWS CLI, jq),
- Scripting and Automation experience (e.g. PowerShell)
- Source control and continuous integration (e.g. Git, GitLab, GitHub)
- Familiarity with database administration
- Experience with full-stack solutions development.
- Amazon Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Fedora) and/or Ubuntu (Debian)
- Windows Server Administration
- Experience in computing, distributed systems, storage, and/or networking.
- Knowledge of server optimization techniques and infrastructure configurations
- Experience with algorithms and data structures and/or systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration.
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Experience in working with Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Third level qualification – IT / Software Development
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and delivering value
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with ability to manage own work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with fluent English
Full-Time Position with a hybrid working model based in our Dundalk office
For more information, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer