Hanley Energy are currently looking for a Service Support Engineer to join our team in the Service and Maintenance Department. The Service Support Engineer will play a key role in supporting assigned products, with Hanley Energy customers. They will have strong technical knowledge of equipment design and maintenance, with the ability to map out repair plans in a standard work format. This role will also consist of planning and execution of the maintenance program, for the assigned products. The role will require a strong personality; keeping people to the agreements that were set and agreed. This is a permanent position with progression opportunities at both local and international level.
- Single point of contact for customer ‘service related’ issues/escalations, for allocated products.
- High technical knowledge of Hanley Energy products, ability to understand electrical drawings, produce high-level technical procedures and supporting documentation to demanding customers.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders (internal and external), including engineering, design, logistics, projects, procurement and sales.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving customer issues, in fastest resolution time, and updating internal Hanley Energy ticketing database.
- Ensuring all resolution technical information/service reports are accurate and concisely documented, in a timely manner, to the customer.
- Attending Customer Business Reviews meetings (every 6 months) and compile supporting product history data to demonstrate adherence to strict SLA’s.
- Work closely with other HE technical teams, to get resolution/fix on technically challenging issues.
- Attend bi-weekly/monthly meetings with customer on ‘open’ issues and update group on proposed next steps/fix. Responsible for regular update to customer on progress and liaising with other HE Depts to devise resolution plan.
- Develop a progressive electrical maintenance plan that ensures service & maintenance contract goals meet or exceed required targets.
- Maintain up to date electrical maintenance history for all assigned assets.
- Schedule work orders related to routine maintenance (predictive and preventive) and corrective maintenance, identifying and securing the required resources (engineers, materials, spare parts, tools, instruments and equipment), time involved, safety recommendations, procedures and technical information.
- Build strong working relationships with regional partners (globally) and ability to co-ordinate maintenance works in EMEA/APAC region.
- Ensuring that regional partner issues prompt, and high quality, supporting documentation following maintenance works.
- Liaise with regional partners and Hanley Energy Product Owner to identify gaps in technical expertise and arrange appropriate training.
- Monitor and control the backlog of maintenance schedule.
- Develop and validate with operations the weekly maintenance schedule.
- Open and close all scheduled work orders.
- Develops a long and short range work plan.
- Analyse the deviations/issues reported by client engineers or HE engineers, identifying the causes and propose corrective actions to minimize and / or update maintenance plans.
- Investigate failures, with Quality Dept, and propose solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure associated components or Bill of Materials required for maintenance schedule are in stock and available to engineers for completion of works (alignment with planning, scheduling and execution).
- Maintain a high commitment to personal safety and integrity of the environment and equipment during the planning of work orders.
- Recommend the updating of the maintenance guidelines in accordance with information provided by maintenance engineers and supplies (materials, parts and labour).
- Completion of Risk Assessment Method Statement and Technical Documentation for all scheduled tasks.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality and environmental policies.
- Schedule all planned jobs in accordance with operational plans.
- Familiarity of on-call roster on a weekly basis, plus make Service/Commissioning Manager aware of any possible breaks in 24/7/365 cover. Propose and implement solutions.
- Ensure compliance of high standards of work practices by assisting Service/Commissioning Manager with performing inspections of engineer tools/equipment and/or assisting with Toolbox Talks.
Education and Experience:
- 3rd Level Electrical/Electronic Qualification or 5 years electrical maintenance or field experience; 2 of which working as an Electrical maintenance planner.
- UPS, EPMS or Control Panel experience desirable but not essential.
- Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset.
- Thorough understanding of work management and scheduling business processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A complete understanding of maintenance processes for electrical equipment and data centre industry.
- Effective support effective decision making in overall business management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of condition monitoring information such electrical inspections. Interpret these results and form corrective action plans to minimize breakdowns and maximize value.
- Requires valid full Irish driver’s license.
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Environmental considerations. Strong commitment to safe working practices
- Customer Focused.
- Work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast passed office environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Full Valid Irish work permit is essential.
- Position based in Co. Meath with travel required on an ad hoc basis.
Hanley Energy is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send in your CV to: email@example.com