Hanley Energy are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer PE to join our highly-innovative team, working on mechanical design and production support, from project inception, construction through to end client delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services delivered by Hanley Energy.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and existing facilities (Data Center, Industrial, Commercial, etc)
- Experience in the following:
- 3D modelling software, such as solidworks or similar.
- Design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
- Main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
- Construction / SAT / Handover site visits
- Professional Registration as a Licensed Mechanical Engineer.
- Secret Clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects
- Ability to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers, and to review other mechanical engineers’ work for code compliance and constructability.
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Ability to produce field progress reports as needed.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to provide engineering solutions to problems, as and when requested.
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI’s)
- Have good or master skills and experience in AUTOCAD.
- Working knowledge in design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge in main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
- Working knowledge of the SpecIntact and ability to produce and edit specification for design projects.
- Ability to design DDC control systems including production of the sequences of operation, point lists and control diagrams.
- Working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA, International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
We Offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent training opportunities
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Job type – full time, permanent
Location: Based at our United States headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia