The successful candidate will join the Engineering team to take responsibility of complex mechanical engineering projects in the electrical power industry.
With excellent people skills, you have a proven ability to work in partnership at all levels.
With high levels of commitment, your responsibilities will include leading various stages of projects from concept to completion. This is an opportunity to be involved in a dynamic engineering department with exposure to multiple projects running simultaneously.
You will work closely with customers, listening to their needs and implementing innovative solutions using latest technologies. You will be required to commit considerable effort to truly understand our customer’s systems and processes and identify ways to add value.
When issues are uncovered, you will be involved in root cause analysis of said issues and working to see the investigation and resolution through to completion.
To ensure success as a Mechanical Engineer at Hanley Energy, in addition to strong technical skills, you will need an aptitude for critical thinking, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to be an organized individual.
- Design of all
- sheet metal parts associated with electrical enclosures
- electrical component baseplate layouts and clash detection
- structural components and welded assemblies
- Mentoring junior design engineers / CAD technicians
- Overseeing production of such components
- Adherence to standards, such as UL 508A, IEC 61439, IEC 62208.
- Working in close co-operation with electrical design team on projects
- Leading mechanical orientated internal and customer R&D projects
- 3D concept generation for discussion with customer and various stakeholders
- Providing full pre-production support (orders, BOM & drawings)
- Providing technical support during production and assembly process
- Continuous improvement & development of the Mechanical Dept. processes
- Developing and leading BIM capability in the team
- Flexible to work in any part of the SCADA development
- Good Communication Skills, able to work in a team, taking ownership
- Preparing documentation such as:
- Assembly Drawings & Instructions
- Operation & Maintenance manuals
- Training material
- Project plans
- Knowledge and experience in Solidworks 3D modelling software
- Ideal experience: 5+ years of Solidworks and integration with manufacturing processes, CAM, CNC machinery etc
- Familiarity with sheet metal design and manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of REVIT
- Previous experience of SOME of the below would be an advantage:
- Electrical Enclosures
- Modular electrical equipment
- Structural skids
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and delivering value
- A strong work ethic with a clear focus on delivery and quality
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with ability to manage own work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with fluent English
- Full Valid Irish work permit is essential
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer
For more information, please submit your CV to email@example.com