The Senior Health and Safety Officer will be based primarily in Monaghan town, but will also be required to attend each of the other production facilities on a frequent and ongoing basis. The Senior Health and Safety Officer will work closely with the Production Managers in each facility and the Health and Safety Engineer.
The responsibilities hereunder will be discharged taking into account, in particular, input from the Health & Safety Engineer.
- Continually improve H&S performance in our production facilities in accordance with the ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management system.
- Identify suitable measures to improve H&S across all Hanley Energy production facilities in Ireland and, when agreed by the H&S Manager, and where appropriate the Operating Board, lead their implementation in agreement with relevant managers.
- Maintain and continually improve the ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management system in the new facility, while ensuring its full integration with the company ISO 9001 quality, ISO 14001 environmental, ISO 50001 energy and ISO 27001 information security management systems.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Ensure that all health & safety policies, risk assessments, procedures and rules are communicated, implemented, regularly reviewed and, where appropriate, updated.
- Ensure that suitable hazard identification and risk assessments are carried out and documented in respect of the production facilities, equipment and activities.
- Ensure that risk assessments are reviewed at suitable intervals, and also where there is reason to believe that they are no longer valid, and where appropriate, ensure they are amended.
- Ensure that toolbox talks are carried out as appropriate and records maintained.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is provided and used correctly by all employees.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of emergency procedures is tested at suitable intervals.
- Ensure, where applicable, that construction H&S plans are developed and implemented.
- En sure that inspections (including inspections of emergency equipment) and audits are scheduled and carried out in each production facility.
- Ensure that equipment is subjected to statutory inspection, examination and test, and maintained.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of employees.
- Ensure statutory and other appropriate health and safety training is carried out.
- Ensure that all H&S incidents (including near-miss incidents) are reported and investigated, and that effective improvement actions are implemented.
- Assist with the management of contractors (including pre-qualification, review and approval of contractor method statements and risk assessments, induction, monitoring and supervision as appropriate).
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety Manager, ensure that Hanley Energy fulfils its statutory obligations as they relate to safety, health and welfare at work, in all production facilities.
- Report KPIs to management during regular Operations and H&S meetings.
- Any other duties related to the management of safety, health and welfare which may reasonably be required by management.
- Health and Safety Diploma or Degree is essential.
- Electrical craft/ engineering qualification is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of health and safety management in similar production environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication, IT and presentation skills.
- High level of computer literacy is essential – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Effective handling of Health and Safety investigations.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project requirements.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to research and interpret legal and technical information where required.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
For more information, please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer.