The successful candidate will join the Engineering team to support the development of complex automation and SCADA projects in the Data Centre environment. With excellent people skills, you have a proven ability to work in partnership at all levels.
With high levels of commitment, your responsibilities will include leading various stages of projects from concept to completion. This is an opportunity to be involved in a dynamic controls engineering department with exposure to multiple projects running simultaneously.
You will work closely with customers and other stakeholders, listening to their needs and implementing innovative solutions using latest technologies. You will be required to commit considerable effort to truly understand our customer’s systems and identify ways to add value.
When issues are uncovered, you will be involved in root cause analysis of said issues and working to see the investigation and resolution through to completion.
To ensure success as a SCADA Engineer at Hanley Energy, in addition to strong technical skills, you will need an aptitude for critical thinking, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to be an organized individual.
- Designing control/SCADA systems including databases and database interfaces, data analytics & reporting, scripting (Python, C#, VB, etc.) and general programming
- Responsible for design and support of Industrial IoT implementation related to Ignition SCADA systems
- SCADA Mimic Development
- Tag Database Development
- Testing and Commissioning of developed SCADA systems
- Day to day support of deployed SCADA systems
- Flexible to work in any part of the SCADA development
- Good Communication Skills, able to work in a team, taking ownership
- Preparing documentation such as:
- SCADA Operation & Maintenance manuals
- Training material
- Project plans
- Basic knowledge of SCADA application development
- This is a graduate role, and full training will be provided. But we are looking for someone who has a proven aptitude for SCADA development, or a similar transferrable skill. Perhaps through a summer job, college project or hobby.
- Knowledge of SOME of the below would be an advantage:
- Technical Skills and experience working with MS SQL, HTML 5, Python, MQTT, Microsoft .NET, C#
- Experience with development languages (python scripting, java, C#).
- Experience with data transport technologies such as HTTP and MQTT.
- Knowledge of PLCs.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of automation systems (control loops, field IO, etc.) in a critically important environment
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and delivering value to stakeholders
- A strong work ethic with a clear focus on delivery and quality
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with ability to manage own work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with fluent English
Full-Time Position with a hybrid working model based in our Dundalk Office.
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer
Individuals who are interested in the positions should email CV and Cover letter to email@example.com