This role will report to the Production Manager, roles available in our Stamullen and Kingscourt facilities.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labour required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labour, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
- Creating and maintaining schedules.
- Using workers and resources in the most effective manner.
- Providing quick responses to production issues.
- Identifying problems and helping improve processes.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a production planner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of SAP.
- Previous experience in Electrical Panel building, Low Voltage, BMS, Switchgear environment.
- Able to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to adapt.
- Good Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick effective decisions.
The above contains the main outline of duties. However it’s inevitable that tasks may arise which may not fall within the remit of the above list of main duties. Employees are required to respond with a flexible approach when ad hoc tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job description. Should an additional responsibility become a regular part of an employee’s job, the Job Description will be amended to reflect this.
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer.
For more information, please submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org