The successful candidate will join the Engineering team to take responsibility for product management of allocated key products in our ever-expanding product range.
You will be required to maintain a finger on the pulse of all activities related to your product, act as the ambassador for your product both internally and externally. You will be the conduit for information between the customer and Hanley.
You will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of how your product works, drive improvement initiatives, perform analysis of complex problems and incorporate feedback from our customers, communicating with our commissioning, design and controls teams to further develop our product.
When issues are uncovered, you will also be deeply involved in troubleshooting of said issues and working with the relevant departments to address in a timely manner, you will have a sense of urgency when the task dictates it.
To ensure success as a Product Manager at Hanley Energy, you should have a strong engineering background with demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to be an organized individual and with the ability to bring others along with you.
- Work with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders to ensure the product meets customer needs within the wider business objectives.
- Continuously review business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks within the context of allocated products.
- The voice of the customer – work closely with outside stakeholders to identify customer needs, articulate these requirements to the wider team and ensure success.
- Single point of contact for customer regarding allocated products.
- Maintain visibility of product deployments projects globally.
- Use customer insight gained to contribute to new product development and identifying technical issues.
- Use quality, performance, and customer data to identify product issues through root cause analysis, using direct design, or process changes to solve identified issues and product development opportunities.
- Manage the availability and delivery of product training to internal and external users.
- Maintain visibility of and ensure all design material and documentation (drawings/BOM/Manuals etc.) are updated when required and available to users.
- Support and monitor the sales department activity related to allocated products, maintain a commercial awareness of product KPIs.
- Engage with engineering, sales, procurement, service, production, and quality departments to ensure all decisions in relation to the product support the overall business strategy.
- Monitor successful project delivery by working closely with project managers, providing guidance, making key decisions, and removing blockers.
- Ensure robust change management procedures are completed to reduce risk brought about by required changes to products or processes related to allocated products
- Ensure lifecycle management data is updated as required and drive improvement activities.
- Support design and logistics departments with compliance and certification issues.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline or equivalent relevant experiential learning (essential).
- Knowledge of LV electrical equipment and/or PLC based control systems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including strong report writing skills
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Be entitled to work in Ireland.
Hanley Energy is an equal opportunities employer.
(Full-Time Position with a hybrid working model based in our Head Office in Citynorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath)
If you would like to apply for this position, please send in your CV to: email@example.com