Due to company expansion Hanley Energy is looking for a Procurement Assistant on a full-time basis. In this busy fast paced role, you will report to the Procurement Manager. You will work as part of a small admin team and undertake all administrative tasks required to ensure the smooth running of the service department.
Hanley Energy is a busy company within the Critical Power & Energy Management Industry so you will have to be the type of person who can handle changing priorities, who can deal with multiple tasks and who has an outgoing personality to always be welcoming and friendly both face to face and over the phone.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Company’s best interests are protected in all procurement activities.
- Support Manager in the execution of goals and objectives for the procurement function and as a first point of contact with external suppliers demonstrate the company values by striving for excellence, being professional, respectful and of unquestionable integrity in all business activities and relationships.
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Responsible for ensuring all data entered into systems is accurate and current to enable accurate reporting and KPI management and appropriate escalation.
- Ordering and expediting as required (Purchase requisitions, transactions, order acknowledgment-handling, signalling deviation); Data creation and maintenance (vendor requests and set up, responsible for adhering to standard processes for data management)
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Work with Manager to research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Responsible for value tracking and reporting, capturing cost saving and cost avoidance.
- Responsible for Contract administration & optimization, monitoring vendor performance versus the contractual service levels.
- Create analysis and accurate data reporting in support of projects or improvements and provide recommendations
- Develop and maintain operational relationship with vendors
- Participate in Business Reviews and support Supplier Management Processes with supplier
- Assist Accounts Department in settling invoice disputes
- Day to day interface with design engineers, service team, production team, and warehouse team to ensure requirements and needs are met.
Knowledge and skills required:
- 3+ years’ similar Procurement Department/Contracts environment
- Certificate/Diploma in Business In any discipline. In lieu of formal qualifications, relevant administration experience in a technical or fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: in particular excel, word, and Email tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including generation of concise and relevant reports.
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems.
- Ability to work alone or collaboratively and daily as part of a wider team.
- High level of supplier focus – proactive approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail skills.
- Able to judge accurately when issues should be escalated to senior managers.
- SAP experience is preferable but not essential.
- Effective Communication
- Team Work
- Planning and Organising
- Drive and Enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced department.
Individuals who are interested in the positions should email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org