Hanley Energy are currently looking for a skilled Network/Systems Engineer to join our Controls Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining test and development environments used by our controls and commissioning engineers to design and deploy automation software solutions. This role is primarily based at our engineering office in Dundalk, Co. Louth with secondary base being a mix of remote working and other Hanley Energy production facilities across the North East. This is a permanent position with progression opportunities at both local and international level.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for server builds.
- Provide technical support/solutions for network and related software events.
- Deploy Linux operating systems and application software.
- Working with the controls engineering team to test systems applications.
- Diploma/Degree in an IT-related discipline
- Understanding of services / protocols /network concepts IP, TCP, DNS, Mail HTTP(S), Routing, NTP, Firewalls, VPNs
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux configuration and system functions
- Experience with Windows Servers configuration and maintenance.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Services – Azure, AWS.
- Shell, Python, or Perl Scripting languages
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Be highly motivated, be intuitive, have initiative, a solid team player and the ability to work independently.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work in a fast-paced department.
- Flexible, willing and able to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Full valid Irish work permit and proficiency in the English language.
- Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Contribution.
- Life Insurance.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
For more information or to apply, email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanley Energy are an Equal Opportunities Employer