The Hanley Energy Global HR team is currently looking for two HR interns who are enthusiastic and driven to assist our HR team with a variety of HR related tasks.
Support the establishment of some of our soon to launch HR initiatives which may include:
- University Relations
- Employee Engagement
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Salary Benchmarking
- HR data analysis
- Implementing a new HRIS
There will also be opportunities to learn about core HR activities such updating employee records, filing HR documents, accordingly, background checks on shortlisted candidates, and providing suitable recommendations to improve HR policies. You should also be able to draft employee communications notifying staff of policy and procedural changes.
To be successful as an HR intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in employment legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
HR Intern Responsibilities:
- Updating company databases / systems with candidate or employee related data.
- Screening potential employees’ resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Removing job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
- Assisting the HR team in gathering market salary information.
- Assisting in the planning of company events.
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
- Coordinating new hire orientations.
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Supporting HR initiatives.
HR Intern Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or studying toward a degree in human resource management or related field.
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com