The Health and Safety Engineer will support the H&S Manager and engineering teams in the management of, and continuous improvement in, safety, health and welfare across all areas of business and functions through the implementation of the ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management system.
Based in the company Head Office in City North Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath, the job of the Health and Safety Engineer will also involve a hybrid of office and home working (in accordance with the company Hybrid Work Model), and travel to other Hanley Energy facilities and customer sites as required.
- Implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management system.
- Promotion of a positive H&S culture
- Identification of hazards, assessment of risks and determination of risk control measures.
- Determination of legal requirements and evaluation of legal compliance.
- Audits and inspections for checking conformance with H&S standards, procedures and the requirements of the ISO 45001 management system.
- Incident (including near-miss incident) investigation and reporting.
- Determination and, where applicable, implementation of improvement actions.
- Verification of the implementation and assessment of effectiveness of improvement actions.
- Contractor and subcontractor management (including pre-qualification, review and approval of contractor and subcontractor method statements and risk assessments, and, where applicable, induction and supervision).
- Reporting, monitoring and measuring of Key Performance Indicators of health and safety performance.
- Assistance in H&S training and presentations.
- Preparation and delivery of toolbox talks.
- Any other duties relating to the management of safety, health and welfare and the implementation of the ISO 45001 management system which may reasonably be required by management.
- Health and Safety Diploma or Degree is essential
- Electrical craft/Engineering qualification is desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of health and safety management in similar in construction or electrical field
- Excellent verbal, written communication, IT and presentation skills
- High level of computer literacy is essential – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Effective handling of Health and Safety investigations
- Adopt a proactive approach to project requirements
- Experience of developing, implementing and revising Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ability to research and interpret legal and technical information where required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
For more information, please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com