Hanley Energy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic accountant to join a busy finance team. This is a permanent role and an excellent opportunity to take on a position where you will have full responsibility for maintaining the financial function of a company within a group. This position would suit a qualified accountant looking to further their experience in industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete responsibility for maintenance of accounting records of the company. This will include preparation of bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and preparation of monthly management accounts reporting to the group financial controller.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and calculation of depreciation on the company’s assets.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts and liaising with management on same.
- Liaise with invoicing factoring finance providers and submission of management accounts to same as and when required.
- Regular reporting of KPIs to Management and identify and isolate unusual trends and or material cost increases requiring attention.
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns with Revenue. Ensure compliance with Revenue with regard to payroll and other taxes.
- Review and reconcile intercompany balances every month together with preparation of intercompany recharges.
- Managing the Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes for the company and working closely with the teams responsible for same.
- Work with the group Chief Financial Officer to integrate the company’s reporting systems with that of other companies within the group.
- Meeting tight deadlines in a busy environment and managing the day to day enquires received in relation to the company.
- Completion of Statistic office returns.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) ideally with at least 2 years post qualified experience with experience in industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and good judgement showing logical decision making and ability to take a hands-on approach.
- Proven ability to develop and improve working procedures and processes.
- Highly organised and efficient with ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- IT literate, and proficient in Microsoft products. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage but is not essential.
Financial Accounting, Cashflow, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
This position is located in our Stamullen, Co. Meath Offices
Individuals who are interested in the positions should email CV and Cover letter to email@example.com