Hanley Energy are currently looking for an experienced individual to join our team as Financial accountant. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of financial information, tax and financial operational activities. The Financial Accountant will be hands on and responsible for the preparation of balance sheet and Profit and Loss statements, closing the ledgers and preparation of month end account reconciliations.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of accounting records of the company. This will include preparation of accruals, prepayments and monthly management schedules.
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and calculation of depreciation on the company’s assets.
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT return with Revenue. Ensure compliance with Revenue with regard to payroll and other taxes.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations and prepare schedules for FC review.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly Group reporting packs and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and support the external audit process.
- Supporting ad-hoc accounting projects.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience:
- Qualified or Part Qualified accountant with 2+ years of experience in accounts production environment.
- Strong technical financial knowledge.
- Ability to analyse and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, and forms. Strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Analytical, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong IT Skills. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Healthcare Plan
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral programme
- Hanley Energy Affinity Scheme
- Wellbeing Programme
- Death in Service Life Insurance
- Tuition assistance for approved training programmes
- Structured In-house training
- Free parking at all locations
- Free Barista coffee machines at all Hanley Energy facilities
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Hybrid Work Model where applicable
Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer