Electrical Apprentices support Electricians in the maintenance, operation and repair of electrical systems. They assist with and perform installation and maintenance tasks in order to ensure the effective operation of various electrical equipment.
Electrician Apprentices work under the direct supervision of Electricians as trainees, performing less-skilled tasks for a number of years before moving into an electrician role. This role will require individuals to travel to site.
- The Electrical Apprentice’s central task is to assist the Electrician. This may involve doing basic tasks such as handling the tools, and it may also involve working independently from the Electrician at times on electrical tasks that require less skill or experience. As the Electrical Apprentice progresses, he or she will be given more independence in completing tasks.
- Work effectively and efficiently with other members of the installation and services team during the system build, installation, testing, commission and support stages of critical power and energy management systems
- The Electrical Apprentice assists with and completes maintenance work orders on electrical equipment. This includes testing malfunctioning equipment, identifying defects, troubleshooting, repairing equipment and replacing defective parts. The Electrician Apprentice and Electrician will collaborate with other electrical staff to identify and solve problems.
- In order to fill installation work orders, the Electrical Apprentice will assist the Electrician or perform less complex installation tasks independently. They will complete electrical wiring tasks, build panels, alignment adjustments, and calibration of equipment following manuals, schematics, diagrams, blueprints and equipment specifications.
- The Electrical Apprentice is in a position that is partly educational training to become an Electrician. Therefore, they are responsible for learning all procedures for installing and maintaining electrical systems as well as safety requirements.
- All tasks assigned must be completed in accordance to Hanley Energy Quality and Health & Safety Procedures and method statements and ensure companywide policies & procedures and objectives are adhered to at all times.
Electrical Apprentice Skills
Electrical Apprentices should be well-organized, motivated team players who are hungry to learn the electrician trade. They should be able to follow instructions and apply knowledge that they have learned. In addition to these general skills and personality traits the following skills are required:
- Leaving Certificate Desirable (Junior Certificate essential) both with pass in Mathematics and English.
- Obtaining Electrical Trainee Certification according to state requirements
- Some electrical service work experience desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical codes
- Possessing the ability to understand schematics and technical manuals
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Available to work overtime if required
Full-Time position based in our new production facility in Dundalk Town, Co.Louth
For more information, please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com