Exciting Opportunity as Controls Commissioning Engineer with Hanley Energy Ltd. The Commissioning Engineer commissions and oversees the installation of systems, and/or equipment at customer sites.
Commissioning engineers are engaged in the testing of equipment to make sure they function correctly and produce the expected results. In doing so they bring the product or system to a point at which it can be used most effectively. Commissioning engineers therefore need to possess a thorough understanding of manufacturing and product use, as well as of customer expectation.
Commissioning engineering embraces the installation and commissioning of all types of projects within Hanley Energy.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Project Managers and Operations Manager within timelines of project to ensure handover to Customer is completed in timely and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinating testing and commissioning activities and providing advice on testing and commissioning procedures and documentation.
- Identifying problems and shortcomings with existing systems.
- Producing or assisting in the production of all test and commissioning documentation.
- Undertaking testing and commissioning activities in line with the specified site requirements.
- Monitoring progress, recording all test results, witnessing final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all documentation for inclusion in the site test dossier.
- Ensuring the safe testing and commissioning of completed installations to achieve the necessary plant performance in accordance with project programme requirements.
- Travel to customer sites required; international travel will also be required on a project by project basis.
- This role involves being included on an on-call roster for out of hours calls and call out to site during evenings and weekends.
- Work as part of overall team to train and build competence amongst Global service partners as required.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Electrical qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ Installation, Commissioning, repair, & servicing of Electrical Monitoring or Control systems, (EMS/BMS).
- Excellent technical understanding of Energy monitoring systems, and associated communications protocols.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Clean Passport as International travel essential
- This role is customer facing, excellent communication/customer service skills required
- A personable and communicative approach
- Sound mathematical and technical skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise projects and tasks.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple complex projects at the same time
- Good problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Ability to impart product training to regional Partners, in line with company strategy.
- Provide technical support to service team as required
- Full driving license as travel to customer site meetings will be required in this role
- Customer focus, exercising a consistent high level of professional judgment
- Ability to drive and advise on site Commissioning activities ,to a successful completion.
- An analytical approach to resolving problems and reporting customer issues
- Maintains positive, productive relationships with colleagues and customers
- Self motivated and comfortable working on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Follow Company Health & Safety Guidelines at all times.
- Demonstrate the company culture and high standards at all times
- An opportunity for Global travel with associated perks.
- Excellent Salary.
- Pension Contribution.
- Life Insurance.
- Company Vehicle.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Secure your career working within the ever growing data centre industry.
- Become part of a rapidly growing engineering team supported by our global competence centre.
Full-Time Position located in our Headoffice in Citynorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath
For more information or to apply email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Hanley Energy are an Equal Opportunities Employer