The successful candidate will join the Engineering Design team in a supporting role, ensuring design projects are completed on time and to a high level of detail and accuracy. This position will mainly support the Mechanical Engineering Design team but will be required to collaborate extensively with Electrical Engineering Design teams, so a working knowledge of electrical systems is an advantage.
You will be responsible for meeting with engineers and other stakeholders regarding transforming ideas and preliminary designs into computer generated models using CAD software. You may be required to work as part of a team or individually on a project.
To ensure success as a CAD Technician at Hanley Energy, you should have extensive working knowledge with CAD software, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class CAD Technician is a technical wizard, creating exact computer models of product and machine designs according to the project or stakeholder’s specifications.
- Meeting with Engineers, Designers and Project Teams to review blueprints and design drawings.
- Translating stakeholder’s specifications and requirements into detailed 3D CAD models.
- Creating high-quality detailed technical drawings for client approval and manufacture.
- Management of CAD files, libraries and drawing registers.
- Working with a wider engineering design team and individually on CAD projects.
- Reviewing CAD models with stakeholders and making minor adjustments.
- Compiling bills of materials and other relevant documentation.
- Conducing final model rendering and delivering the final product.
- Working with the Marketing Department to support generation of marketing collateral.
- Assisting with the development & implementation of BIM within Hanley Energy.
Skills and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering, design or CAD related discipline.
- CAD Certification.
- SolidWorks 3D essential
- Revit, SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCAD an advantage
- Previous experience as a CAD Technician will be an advantage, but not necessary. This position is open to applications from highly motivated graduates or individuals with a mechanical / electrical engineering background.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD software and automation of CAD models.
- Ability to read and translate blueprints and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of electrical design and mechanical processes.
- Knowledge of BIM processes would be an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Flexible, agile approach to working.
Full-Time Position located in our Head Office in Citynorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath
If you would like to apply for this position, please send in your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org