Hanley Energy has an exciting opportunity for a key position in the Business Applications team. This role will suit an experienced tech-savvy candidate with strong organisational, data analysis and report writing skills and who has a firm understanding of how systems and processes interrelate and underpin global business functions.
In this role you will be dealing with many complex scenarios, so we need someone that can really take on board a good understanding of our business and also be a leader in our Digital Transformation journey.
The person should be self-motivated and be able to deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. The role is based in our Global headquarters in Stamullen, Co. Meath
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with CSO, business functional leads and technical team members, both on-site and in remote business units, to create deliverables such as Process Maps, Business and Functional Requirements (including Use cases), User Stories, User Acceptance Tests and Operational procedures.
- Own the business application ecosystem and monitor the health of key systems, managing all updates, changes and internal audits across all systems.
- Participate in workshops with stakeholders to evaluate department needs or issues and develop requirements.
- Foster a close working relationship with Program & process development, IT and quality department in the overall delivery of solutions and initiatives. Provide them with ongoing support to help drive and refine business improvements.
- Identify and define technical solutions to enhance business systems and process improvement needs using workflow, data optimization and automation tools.
- Support change requirements through accurate impact analysis and defining change specifications
- Ensure quality at all times through adherence to and supporting processes, procedures and methodologies, including the maintenance of process documentation on shared file systems
- Create and develop project plans to implement approved projects.
- Monitor and control project activities per the plan and communicate status to key stakeholders. Implementing and following projects and enhancements using appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Work in a multi-project environment with an ability to focus on individual tasks and keep momentum, with the confidence to ask for help when required.
- Understanding of change management processes and how to successfully implement new processes within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Communicate and coordinate smart reports and other technical developments from geographically dispersed teams and business functions.
Key Skills – Functional, Technical and Process
- Relevant Third Level Qualification
- At least three years’ experience of working in some technical capacity with an ERP or Financial System. (Preferably SAP Business One).
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Business Analysis Qualification or Scrum certification would be advantageous
- Experience using BA Skills and techniques to elicit the required information and produce deliverables to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing workshops and co-ordinating outputs
- Experience using MS Visio, SharePoint and other Office products
- Hands on experience using market leading BI tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL Database desired.
- Strong numeracy skills and experience with the Microsoft office suite, experience of advanced Excel (i.e. formula writing, macro and VBA).
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyse and document Business Process, User and Data Functional requirements in a structured way
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, business resources, all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities & deadlines.
- Strong influencing, networking, communication and relationship building skills to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across business functions.
- Comfortable demonstrating and teaching technology concepts to others.
- Knowledge of standard project management and milestone-based task management.
- Willingness to learn and support new application modules and technologies.
- 4 weeks’ holidays per annum.
- Excellent working environment, including regular social events.
- Company pension scheme
- Growth opportunities and career development plans within the business
Interested in this opportunity?
Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanley Energy are an Equal Opportunities Employer