The BMS Engineer will work with the Engineering department and be responsible for the activities involved in delivering our BMS solutions to our customers. The role is predominately based around Dublin area and will mainly focus on the Data Centre and heavy power industries.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, engineering, projects, controls, commissioning, sales, sub-contractors etc).
- Lead the technical design and co-ordination of design activities including attendance at regular internal development & coordination meetings.
- Review of customer technical drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the project tendering process as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Design & selection of field instrumentation and hardware.
- Develop instrument lists, IO lists, field termination diagrams, solution schematics.
- Develop sequence of operation documents, functional design specifications & software design specifications.
- Develop commissioning documentation & procedures (FAT/SAT/IST scripts).
- Work closely with Sales department ensuring budgets are maintained.
- Assist with planning and co-ordination of site activities including attendance at site coordination meetings.
- Supervision of field instrument / panel installations.
- Knowledge of network configuration, system architecture & topology, computer hardware and software systems.
- Software configuration / programming, network device configuration.
- Instrument calibrations, loop checking, startup of new equipment.
- Site commissioning, final loop tuning / system balancing of HVAC controls.
- Preparation of commissioning documentation, commissioning procedures, redline drawings, issue final reports, and test certificates / handover documentation.
- Serve as customer point of contact, obtain missing information or answer queries.
- Have a full understanding (and maintain) work flow processes and procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with industry practices and explore new & emerging industry products, technologies and practices.
- Have a full understanding (and maintain) work flow processes and comply with relevant ISO procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to undertake additional duties as requested. Overseas travel will be required.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- An Engineering degree in any of Electrical, Controls, Automation, Instrumentation.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience with BMS designs & engineering essential.
- Proven work experience as a BMS engineer and BMS technologies essential.
- Sound knowledge of network architecture & topology, computer hardware and software systems.
- Be highly motivated, be intuitive, have initiative, a solid team player and the ability to work independantly.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, competency in Office 365 applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work in a fast-paced department.
- Flexible, willing and able to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Full valid Irish work permit and proficiency in the English language.
- Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing.
- Full driving licence.
Full-Time Position located in our Head Office in City North Business Park, Stamullen, Co.Meath
For more information, please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com