Hanley Energy are currently looking for an experienced BMS Design Engineer to join our team. The BMS Design Engineer will work with the Special Projects department and will be responsible for all design activities involved in delivering our BMS solutions to our customers. The role is predominately based around Dublin area will mainly focus on the Data Centre and heavy power industries.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, engineering, projects, controls, commissioning, sales, sub-contractors etc).
- Lead the technical design and co-ordination of design activities including attendance at regular internal development and coordination meetings.
- Review of customer technical drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the project tendering process as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Design and selection of field instrumentation and hardware.
- Develop instrument lists, IO lists, field termination diagrams, solution schematics.
- Develop sequence of operation documents, functional design specifications and software design specifications.
- Develop commissioning documentation & procedures (FAT/SAT/IST scripts).
- Work closely with sales department ensuring budgets are maintained.
- Keep up-to-date with industry practices and explore new and emerging industry products, technologies and practices.
- Have a full understanding (and maintain) work flow processes and comply with relevant ISO procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to undertake additional duties as requested. Overseas travel may be required from time to time.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- An engineering degree in any of Electrical, Controls, Automation, Instrumentation.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience with BMS designs and engineering essential.
- Sound knowledge of network architecture & topology, computer hardware and software systems.
- Be highly motivated, be intuitive, have initiative, a solid team player and the ability to work independently.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, competency in Office 365 applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work in a fast-paced department.
- Flexible, willing and able to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Full valid Irish work permit and proficiency in the English language.
- Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing.
- Hanley Energy are an equal opportunities employer.
Full time position located in our Head Office in City North Business Park, Stamullen, Co.Meath
For more information, please submit your CV to email@example.com