Hanley Energy are looking for an experienced 2D/3D AutoCAD and SolidWorks Drafter to join our highly-innovative team working on energy technology and mission-critical projects in the greater Washington, DC metro area.
• Create 2D/3D models and coordination models
• Assemble document packages and develop drawing sets to be reviewed by Engineering and Automation team leads for various Technology, Automation and Backup power systems.
• Interact with Engineering and any other staff / end-clients to optimize design and resolve any identified issues
• Produce electrical diagrams and single-line drawings
• Provide administrative support to the engineering team
• Participate in continuous product improvement
• Ability to complete/oversee project site surveys.
• Ability to work with site crews on coordination issues
• Ensure adherence to quality control and design standards
• Possess a strong understanding of health and safety standards
• The ideal candidate will have completed a training certification program and possess 3 years of experience on similar project types
• Prefer a degree in engineering or similar technical discipline (Not essential, those from a technical background who fit the profile will also be considered)
• Strong experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and similar design software (Revit, Bluebeam, etc.)
• Highly proficient in 2D and 3D electronic drafting software.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Professional approach to work with an eye for detail
• Able to work as part of a team
• Be a self-starter and capable of working with minimal guidance and oversight
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce productions costs while maintaining or improving quality, reliability, or maintainability
• Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
• Willingness to travel if required (up to 25%)
We Offer you
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Excellent training opportunities
• Friendly and supportive working environment
• Job type – full time, permanent
Based at our United States headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia
Interested in this opportunity?
Email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org