This role is within Hanley Energy Engineering department to provide proposal, specification, design, test and delivery of automation and data acquisition systems for critical power management systems for internal and international customer projects. Prior experience working with Rockwell Automation technologies is essential for the role.
• Support the preparation of bids and proposals
• Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements
• Specify, design, code and test solutions for control and data acquisition systems
• Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
• Support in the financial and man-loading forecasts for the group
• Provide technical support to the Sales department
• Comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
• Travel to customer sites in the United States of America and overseas when required
• Project manage customer funded or internally funded projects
• Produce accurate and regular reports with respect to project metrics
• Provide technical leadership and/or management of programs
• Coordinate supplier and third party personnel
Technical/ Job Specific Skills Required:
• Third level qualification (or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. Control engineering, Systems engineering)
• Work within a team environment, as well as independently. Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
• Good knowledge of Project and Software Development Lifecycles
• Technical documentation produced to a high standard
• Requirements for Capture and Systems Engineering
• Software Configuration and Version Control
• PLC Code Development – Rockwell Logix500 & Logix5000 (highly desirable)
• Industrial communications interfaces including Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU (highly desirable), Industrial Ethernet
• Demonstrating compliance to International Standards and Client Specifications
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Visio (highly desirable)
Basic knowledge of Electrical Power Systems including Generators and UPS systems
Previous experience working in a regulated industry
Estimating technical scope and workload
SCADA historian configuration – Rockwell Factorytalk Historian
Operating Systems – MS Windows Server
PC Hardware, PLC Hardware and Ethernet Networks including industrial gateways and managed switches
Systems Integration Experience
Test Specification Development
Software, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
Competitive salary and benefits
Excellent training opportunities
Friendly and supportive working environment
Job type – full time, permanent
• Strong stakeholder and team management
• Ability to recruit and grow a team
• Good fun, competitive, reliable and patient
• Must be a holder of current United States of America passport & fluent in English
The ideal candidates will have:
• A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience with a strong track record in driving implementation of product development projects, preferably in the switch gear industry.
• Strong project management and people management skills and a proven ability to manage and lead multi-functional teams to drive success of a project.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
• Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
• Proven ability to develop a team culture that leads to ongoing excellence and achievement of goals.
• Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty
Based at our United States headoffice in Ashburn, North Virginia, with nationwide travel as required and international travel from time to time